Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Manchester United VS Newcastle United

Never in my life have I seen my boys play as badly as tonight.
Careless, careless, careless. I stand corrected but every single one of them, even the subs, gave the ball away very cheaply more than once. (maybe it was over confidence)

But here's the stuff that I want to remember:
N17 VS CR7
Sometime after the 12th minute, Nani found himself fighting off two defenders and unable to pass the ball. I couldn't help but to think of an ex man united Portuguese winger and what he might have done in the same situation, there was no need to think for to long, we all know that he would have fallen to the ground, holding his leg, if the ref gave him the free kick, his leg would be fine and he would start to place the ball,do his stupid backward stepping thing and breathe out violently two or three times before taking the free kick, if he wasn't given the free kick, he would throw a temper tantrum (Either scene would have won him an Oscar for footballer in a drama role) but I'm happy to say that there are no longer any drama queens at Old Trafford because Nani worked, to get himself free, proving once and for all that skill tops trickery every time. Brilliant Nani!!!

 Vidic makes a strong and commanding captain, i like him in that role. Johnny Evans is the future of Manchester United and England's defense.The greatest manager in the world uses Evans as Rio's replacement,Why re-invent the wheel. (Think World Cup) I'm just saying.......but lets rather not dwell. (oh no wait, he's no English-thats a pity)

I'm not sure who man of the match went to but in my opinion it was Scholes. Paul Scholes, even with his bad tackles is an awesome footballers by any ones definition.

We got to see the Little Pea again, I still say that he has good control when he's on the ball, I like that he has the natural instinct to follow up every shot, anticipating the rebound. I haven't seen focus, determination and hunger like that since Wayne Rooney. It's only a matter of time before this Little Pea owns big chunks of all our hearts.

It was good to see Alan Smith on the Old Trafford Pitch, he bleed for us, he broke a leg for us, with us or against us, appreciation is due and deserved.

Final score: MAN UTD 3 Goals to nothing.

Goal 1- Berbatov (slowly starting to show the MAN UTD fire)
Goal 2- Darren Flecther (One of the hardest working players on the team)
Goal 3 - the beautiful standing volley from the foot of the legendary, ageless RYAN GIGGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment